CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Guinea (or two dollar and ten cent)-pig time!

Right, so AFTER amusing myself with that nerdy little joke from today's Column 8 in the Syd Morning Herald...

I've been given my dream piece of homework by some Very Awesome people I work with - to take home a bag of beauty goodies, try them out and review them. Now, after an hour of shouting "FREEBIES!" as a greeting to anyone I've spoken to (mostly my family anyway), I actually tried out the products.

The first was Dr. Lewinn's Puressence Travel Kit for 20-plus skin, and yes, the name is a tad biased for different ages, and if you ask me, doesn't take into account the fact that a) different people at different ages have different skin and b) some people are very sensitive about their age. Also, I'm not over 20, so I don't know if I'm the best one to try this, but hey, it's free, so it doesn't matter, riiiiiight?
So anyway, first impressions are as follows:

Regular cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser vs. Dr. Lewinn's Puressence Foaming Cleanser
Verdict: DON'T USE THIS TO REMOVE EYE MAKEUP. My Cetaphil one does, but this one STUNG!! But it smelt nice, I wonder if that makes up for it? Oh well, didn't feel like it cleansed that well, because when I used the toner, it seemed like there was a lot of make up left. Either that or this toner cleansed better than the toner I normally use.

Regular toner: Simple Freshen Up Purifying Toner vs. Dr. Lewinn's Purifying Toner
Verdict: Again, smelt pretty. I actually really quite liked this, it really did feel like it was doing something. See above. Also, I much prefer this over my regular toner.
Regular moisturiser: CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture/ Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear SPF 30+ (started using this two days ago)/Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 at night vs. Dr. Lewinn's Puressence Day & Night Fluid
Verdict: I thought it would be more like a serum by the sound of its name, but no, it's just a regular moisturiser albeit toothpaste blue. It's easily absorbed by my skin, which is good because I don't need to use much.

And finally, Dr. Lewinn's Puressence Eye Gel
Never having used an eye gel in my life, I don't know what they're supposed to do, much less what I'm supposed to do with it. But I followed the instructions and "dabbed it around the eye area" and nothing happened - I mean, NOTHING happened, my eyes don't feel different, the clocks continued ticking etc... But I think I MIGHT need to wait longer to see results (the gradual slowing down of time... muahahaha! Okay, time to stop reading those wickedly hilarious but dangerously addictive Thursday Next books by Jasper Fforde).

So! I shall be abandoning my regular skincare in favour of these FREEBIES! (sorry, couldn't resist) for the rest of the week, and we'll see how that goes...

0 comments: